- Competing choirs must perform one a capella piece.
- The length of the competing program is limited to 15 minutes of total time (including performance, entering, and leaving the stage)
- The Jury will issue an official certificate based on the final results of the choir.
- Piece composed by Czech or choir´s national composer will be an appreciated addition to the repertoire
- There are no restrictions on repertoire or age.
General Conditions of Musica Orbis Prague Festival 2022
- The festival is open to amateur choirs only. The conductor may be a professional musician.
- The registration fee must be paid upon registration.
- Full scores of the competing program must be sent to the organizer by the end of the registration period together with the exact order of the performed pieces.
- All choirs will submit a short recording or Youtube link not older than 2 years together with their registration.
- Each choir will have a 10-minute soundcheck at the competition venue.
- Participants are not allowed to use any sound equipment, all repertoire must be performed acoustically.
- A piano will be available for all choirs to use for both soundcheck and performance.
- All participants, who wish to sing during the mass in St. Vitus’s Cathedral, must choose one sacred piece of their repertoire and have it approved by the organizers.
- Choirs are responsible for their own transportation at their own expense.
- All choirs* are required to book one of the offered price packages.
*Local choirs (from the Czech Republic and Slovakia) may contact the organizers for special arrangements. firstname.lastname@example.org
CATEGORIES – PRAGUE FESTIVAL 2022
Category A – Unrestricted repertoire
Category B – Sacred music
Category C – Folklore
C1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age*)
C2 – Adult Choirs
Category D – Non-competitive
D1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age*)
D2 – Adult Choirs