- The festival is open to amateur choirs only. The conductor may be a professional musician.
- There are no age restrictions for participation unless stated otherwise in the specific category.
- The registration fee must be paid by 15th March 2019; it is non-refundable.
- All choirs will submit a short recording or Youtube link not older than 2 years together with their registration.
- Each choir will have a 10-minute sound check at the competition venue.
- Choirs are not allowed to use any sound equipment, all repertoire must be performed acoustically.
- A piano will be available for all choirs to use for both sound check and performance.
- The choir’s definitive programme will be sent to the organiser by 15th March 2019 at the latest.
- Choirs with sacred repertoire who wish to participate in the mass in St. Vitus’s Cathedral will be required to learn 4 pieces of sacred music provided by the organiser at least 3 months prior to the festival dates. Organ accompaniment will be available and provided on spot.
- Choirs are responsible for their own transportation at their own expense.
- All choirs* are required to book one of the offered price packages.
- Each choir may compete in max. 2 different categories.
- Competing choirs must perform one a cappella piece
- The length of the competing programme is limited to 12 minutes of performing time (max. 15 minutes of total time – including applause, entering and leaving the stage)
- Full scores of the competing programme must be sent to the organiser together with the exact order of the songs
- The Jury will issue an official certificate based on the final results of the choir.
- There are no restrictions in repertoire or age.
- The organiser will issue an official certificate of participation to all non-competing choirs.
*Local choirs (from the Czech Republic and Slovakia) may contact the organizers for special arrangements. email@example.com
- A1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age)
- A2 – Youth Choirs (up to 26 years of age)
- A3 – Adult Choirs
- A4 – Chamber Choirs (max. 16 singers)
- B1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age)
- B2 – Youth Choirs (up to 26 years of age)
- B3 – Adult Choirs
- B4 – Chamber Choirs (max. 16 singers)
Pop, Jazz, Spiritual, Gospel
- C1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age)
- C2 – Youth Choirs (up to 26 years of age)
- C3 – Adult Choirs
- C4 – Chamber Choirs (max. 16 singers)
- D1 – Children’s Choirs (up to 16 years of age)
- D2 – Youth Choirs (up to 26 years of age)
- D3 – Adult Choirs
- D4 – Chamber Choirs (max. 16 singers)